How the hell can I communicate with Tumblr? Do I want to? Anyway...http://stfu-sherlockians.tumblr.com/post/29366034785/lets-have-a-chat-fandom
While I agree with about 82% of this post, I still don't get how anyone can miss this:
"Sherlock saying things doesn’t make them true."
No, John inmediately agreeing and confirming Sherlock's statements, mentioning he was right on everything except her gender makes them true. I mean you know... John? John Watson? Little awesome guy sharing a flat with the protagonist? Seriously how the hell can someone miss this? How? The? Hell? (And why I am overreacting like this?)
By the way:
- It would make an interesting subplot Harry having nervous tremors, or other visible symptoms and John, as a doctor, still being estranged from her.
- If Harry isn't an alcoholic, one has to find a damn good reason for John to be estranged from her.
- Almost all the Harries I've seen are not butch!lesbian!Johns, but Catherine Tates. Especially on Tumblr, especially on Tumblr gifsets.
- Or poorly disguised self-inserts.
- Hair dye. (Almost makes sense in context.)